For immediate release
Chicago, IL - April 3, 2017
WTTW/Chicago PBS and Univision Chicago (WGBO 66) announced today a new content partnership for a television/streaming town hall special in connection with WTTW’s MY NEIGHBORHOOD: PILSEN initiative.
MY NEIGHBORHOOD: PILSEN is a year-long television, digital, and community engagement initiative that shines a spotlight on the Chicago Southwest Side neighborhood of Pilsen. The story of this vibrant community is told through the voices of a diverse group of residents who are working together to transform their neighborhood from the inside out.
On the night of April 27 beginning at 7:00 pm, MY NEIGHBORHOOD: PILSEN will take over WTTW11’s primetime schedule during a two-hour footprint which includes:
- An introduction to the evening by Chicago Tonight correspondent Eddie Arruza who will present a short history of Pilsen;
- The premiere presentation of the My Neighborhood: Pilsen documentary produced by WTTW’s Dan Andries;
- A WTTW and Univision Chicago live town hall special broadcast and stream event.
The live town hall special event with studio audience will feature the following:
- A discussion with Chicago Tonight host Phil Ponce and Univision Chicago anchor/reporter Erika Maldonado about immigration in Pilsen;
- A video story, reported by Univision’s Adriana Cardona-Maguigad, about public safety in Pilsen and other Chicago communities, followed by a live panel discussion with key stakeholders;
- A video story, produced by Univision’s Jessica Fernández and reported by Enrique Rodríguez, focusing on economic development on Pilsen’s main thoroughfare, 18th Street, followed by another panel discussion regarding this topic;
- Questions from the live studio audience and Twitter. #myneighborhood
MY NEIGHBORHOOD: PILSEN will also air on Univision (WGBO 66) on Sunday, April 30 at 10:00 am.
“WTTW is delighted to form this new partnership with Univision Chicago,” said WTTW President and CEO Dan Schmidt. “Our two media organizations bring a unique set of resources and talents to the table. We look forward to working together on this and future local initiatives.”
“Univision Chicago is thrilled to join with WTTW to tell the story of one of the city’s most inspiring and close-knit communities -- to shed light on how its residents are working together to make it a better place,” said Teri Arvesu, vice president of content for Univision Chicago. “We remain committed to collaborating on efforts to raise awareness about Chicago’s diverse communities.”
MY NEIGHBORHOOD: PILSEN is produced by Daniel Andries. Associate Producers: Liz Reeves and Jackie Serrato. Written by Daniel Andries and Liz Reeves. Director of Photography: Tom Siegel. Editor: Tim Jackson. Music by Nicholas Tremulis and Rick Barnes. Digital Content Producer: Jessica Pupovac.
WTTW is a premier public media organization committed to creating and presenting unique television and digital media content across four distinct television channels – WTTW11, WTTW Prime, WTTW Create/WTTW WORLD, and WTTW PBS Kids – and on wttw.com. Recognized for award-winning local and national productions such as Chicago Tonight, Check, Please!, and MEXICO – One Plate at a Time, WTTW presents the very best in public affairs, arts and culture, nature and science, history and documentary, and children’s programming. Visitors to wttw.com can access a full library of local and national video content for kids and adults, immersive web-exclusive stories, and features. Connect with WTTW on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
About Univision Chicago
Univision Chicago, an owned and operated station of the Univision Television Group, serves the Chicagoland area, reaching the entire Chicago DMA, including all or parts of the following counties: Cook, DeKalb, DuPage, Grundy, Jasper, Kane, Kankakee, Kendall, Lake (IL), Lake (IN), LaPorte, LaSalle, McHenry, Newton, Porter, and Will. Univision Chicago is a top 5 station, regardless of language, as well as Chicago’s #1 Spanish language station. Univision Chicago has the only locally produced Spanish language newscast to air 7 days a week, at 5pm and 10pm, with an Emmy award-winning news team that is dedicated to delivering the highest caliber, most impactful news product.
My Neighborhood: Pilsen is made possible through the generosity of the Caerus Foundation, Inc.