This recipe has been on our family Fourth of July table for years and years. It just wouldn't be the Fourth without it. All will enjoy! Nana came up with the recipe and for her it has been named Nana’s Torte.
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup softened butter
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 tsp vanilla
Blueberry pie filling or homemade blueberry topping (blueberries cooked down with cornstarch to thicken)
1. Mix together graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar, and softened butter. Press firmly into bottom and up sides of a 9” pie pan.
2. Beat together cream cheese, vanilla, 1/2 cup sugar, and 2 eggs until smooth. Pour into graham cracker crust.
3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until knife comes out clean. Let cool completely.
4. Pour blueberry pie filling or homemade blueberry topping over cooled torte.
5. Top generously with whipped cream.