My family and friends love this delicious addition to the holiday dessert table—and you don't need a fork! Bonus... it travels well.
2 regular sized pkgs. refrigerated crescent rolls
2 8 oz. pkgs. cream cheese (at room temperature)
1 egg, separated
3/4 cup plus 1 tsp white sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp lemon juice
1/3 to 1/2 cup chopped nuts of choice (I prefer pecans)
1 tsp white sugar
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees (350 for a glass pan).
2. Lightly spray bottom of 13" x 9" pan with cooking spray.
3. Line bottom of pan with first tube of crescent rolls (you may need to slightly spread the dough with your fingers to fit pan nicely).
4. Cream together cream cheese, egg yolk, 3/4 cup sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice.
5. Spread cream cheese mixture onto first layer of rolls in pan.
6. Carefully place second tube of rolls on top of cream cheese mixture. (It's easier to work with half at a time, trying to "stick” it to pan edges.)
7. Whip egg white lightly with a fork. Spread over top layer of rolls.
8. Mix chopped nuts with 1 tsp sugar. Sprinkle over bars.
9. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned.
10. Cut when completely cooled.