Art | Preparation and Resources
Make Your Mark: Design with a Purpose
To prepare to teach this lesson, teachers should:
- Watch the Vanna Venturi House segment from the PBS special, 10 Buildings that Changed America, on DVD or at wttw.com/10buildings. CONTENT NOTE: In this segment, Robert Venturi makes an obscene gesture. It is electronically masked, but in a way that makes his intention clear.
- Review the section titled “Art Instruction.”
- Review resources below to be familiar with the Vanna Venturi House.
- Review resources below to be familiar with model-making techniques.
- Key Houses of the Twentieth Century: Plans, Sections and Elevations by Colin Davies
- The Architecture of Robert Venturi by Christopher Mead
- Architectural Modelmaking by Nick Dunn
- Model Making by Megan Werner