Mathematics | Preparation and Resources
It’s in the Details: Math and Scale
To prepare to teach this lesson, teachers should:
- Watch the Wainwright Building segment from the PBS special, 10 Buildings that Changed America, on DVD or at wttw.com/10buildings.
- Review the section titled “Mathematics Instruction.”
- Review the worksheets titled “Mathematics Worksheet.”
- Review resources below to be familiar with the Wainwright Building.
- Skyscrapers: A History of the World’s Most Extraordinary Buildings by Judith Dupre
- The Autobiography of an Idea by Louis H. Sullivan
- Louis Sullivan: The Function of Ornament by David Van Zanten