English | Standards
Historic Landmarks: Research and Writing
This lesson is aligned with the Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts.
Reading Informational Text
- RI.7.1: Cite several pieces of textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly, as well as inferences drawn from the text.
- RI.7.3: Analyze the interactions between individuals, events, and ideas in a text.
- I.7.8: Trace and evaluate the argument and specific claims in a text, assessing whether the reasoning is sound and the evidence is relevant and sufficient to support the claims.
Common Core: Writing
- W.7.2: Write informative/explanatory texts to examine a topic and convey ideas, concepts, and information through the selection, organization, and analysis of relevant content.
- W.7.6: Use technology, including the Internet, to produce and publish writing and link to and cite sources, as well as to interact and collaborate with others, including linking to and citing sources.
- W.7.8: Gather relevant information from multiple print and digital sources, using search terms effectively; assess the credibility and accuracy of each source; and quote or paraphrase the data and conclusions of others while avoiding plagiarism and following a standard format for citation.